The law on vaccination mandates is rapidly evolving—and, to the dismay of some, continues to affirm the legality of vaccine mandates.
Just recently, for instance:
(1) A federal circuit court of appeals unanimously rejected the arguments of college students that their college’s imposition of a vaccination requirement is unconstitutional. (Opinion here).
(2) The U.S. Department of Justice has issued a lengthy opinion stating that the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19 vaccinations permits entities to impose a COVID-19 vaccination mandate. (See here).
(3) The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has imposed a COVID-19 vaccination requirement on its own healthcare workers. (See a press release here).
(4) The Biden Administration has directed federal workers to vaccinate or otherwise to mask up and undergo weekly screening/testing for COVID-10 (See press release here).
(5) The State of California has required state employees to become vaccinated or undergo testing at least once a week. (See press release here).
In short, while this area of law is rapidly evolving, the trend line continues to affirm the legality of vaccine mandates.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This material is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor does it create a client-lawyer relationship between MNK Law and any recipient. Recipients should consult with counsel before taking any actions based on the information contained within this material.