Are you a paralegal looking to join a team that is committed to empowering businesses to become the best version of themselves? We are looking for someone who works well with others and will contribute to our firm’s culture of working hard, finding solutions, and serving others.
In addition to providing our clients with unparalleled service, we strive to ensure our team can find meaning and fulfillment in the work they do. We do this by allowing our staff to interact directly with the clients they serve while fostering a collegial relationship among the colleagues they work with at MNK. We continue to build an intentional and employee-focused firm and are excited to consider anyone that aligns with this goal.
Your day may look like this:
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research, and initial case assessments.
- Assist attorneys with drafting pleadings, motions, and appellate documents and filing them with the respective court.
- Assist attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes.
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices.
- Assist attorneys with creating legal agreements, letter of intent letters, conducting due diligence reviews, drafting purchase agreements, etc.
- Create resource and news content for clients and prospective clients.
- Assist clients with HR compliance matters.
- Interact with clients and opposing counsel.
- Perform administrative duties which include, but are not limited to, calendaring hearings and deadlines, sending case updates, and assisting our internal departments (HR, Finance, and Marketing).
We will need you to have the following:
- 1-3 years of experience as a paralegal.
- Paralegal associate’s degree or other relevant certification.
- Knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
- Knowledge of transactional matters, due diligence, purchase agreements, etc.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Strong writing and communication skills along with exemplary attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and cloud-based platforms.
- Outstanding communication skills with colleagues and clients.
- Willingness to take on new, challenging and unique tasks.
- Hardworking, Innovative, and detailed oriented.